Data Scientist - EducationLondon, UK Entry Level
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00Per Year
Sign up now to apply for this project.Sign up now
The company develops a unique, blended learning methodology combines traditional teaching methods with sophisticated technology, their own high-quality content and unparalleled levels of support. The companies The company works with schools to understand the challenges faced by educators, teachers and students on a day to day basis and are passionate about finding a way to help.
Data Scientist, creating actionable insights for our external customers and working with stakeholders across the business at the heart of internal decisions.
This is a great opportunity for Data Engineers with interest in Machine Learning algorithms, as the Data Team is currently developing new predictive features, and knowledge transfer is one of our core values. As the largest games analytical firm globally, collecting huge new data per day, this role requires your skills in Big Data to make the analysis process simpler and more efficient.
• Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering etc, with significant exposure to statistics
• Proven experience (e.g., postgraduate degree or industry equivalent) of working with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to understand their needs and concerns
• Ability to translate technical findings into practical recommendations
• Excellent knowledge of R (preferred), Python, or MATLAB or similar, and experience in applying it to analysis and statistical modelling based on millions of data points
• Knowledge of common statistical techniques such as linear models, general linear models and k-means, and their limitations
• Create powerful data-driven insights for schools, students and parents that reflect their needs and allow them to improve their experience and student learning, using the abundance of our product, exam and other data.
• Work with stakeholders across the business to answer questions critical to the direction of the business in a robust and data-driven way.
• Work with internal stakeholders to understand how our customers interact with the product, enabling data-driven insights and decisions across the business. Understand what questions stakeholders are trying to answer and design how they should be answered in a rigorous way.
Company is based in Exeter. UK. The role will be on-site, with some flexibility with remote working.
Why Should You Apply?
• Top industry pay
• Diverse and vibrant team
• Clear and challenging goals - Collaborate, celebrate success and have the opportunity to learn from each other every day.
• Based on one of the best workspaces in the country
Skills required for this job:
- Experience Entry Level
- Duration 6+ months
- Job type Part-time
- Payment type Per Year
- Location London, UK
5 freelancers have already applied